I’m Loving it – What makes me STICK with you till now?
- Do you feel energised while going to work everyday?
- Does your current organization provides ample opportunities for you to learn and grow?
- Does your organization supports in maintaining a healthy work life balance?
Was your answer to any of the above questions a YES!!!
Then Read on….
Everyone of us likes to work in an organization which provides room for self development and professional growth.
People with high motivation PERFORM better.
Employees who are “engaged” and “enabled” are more likely to OUTPERFORM.
For companies to ensure that their employees are empowered as well as motivated, it’s vital to have a “supportive leadership” with an effective employee “feedback” process coupled with a rewarding “performance management system“.
Hence, this brings up an interesting topic to explore as to what all things an employee expects from its employer?
Is it only salary?
Is it only growth or a mix of BOTH.
Let’s dig in further and know from each other…
Today in this post, I would like to know what motivates us to work in our current organization? What are the good things that we like about our current employer? Does it provide ample opportunities for us to perform? Are your concerns addressed appropriately?
To start off, let me share few things that I like about my organization and the reason why I am still STICKing to it.
I joined my current company (SRF) in November 2008 and after spending more than 5 years with the organization, I still feel that the journey has just started and there so much to do and accomplish.
I am actively involved in many employee engagement initiatives. I am part of the company’s core HR group and have been driving various HR projects at business level. There are around 45-50 HR professionals in the company which are working in plant and corporate HR roles. My complete profile snapshot can be viewed at my LinkedIn page here.
I was part of the team that implemented HRIS (Human Resource Information System) in the company in 2009. I was part of the team which revamped the employee rewards and recognition program in 2013. I was part of the business HR team which helped in establishing HR systems and processes in our 2 new overseas unit at Thailand and South Africa.
My objective of sharing my accomplishments should not be viewed as bragging but the point I want to make here is that I was able to contribute because my organization gave me opportunities to explore my capabilities.
Listed below are few of the qualities that I feel proud of my current organization:
- Respect for every individual and freedom to share their views and perceptions.
- Very good people policies and employee engagement activities.
- Easy access and free interaction with senior management.
- Flexible working environment.
- Cooperative and understanding seniors and colleagues.
- Provides great learning and development avenues.
- Provides ample growth and career opportunities.
- Have a very good rewards and recognition system. One of the well established is the Long Service Award function where the organization recognizes and appreciates the association of people from 5 years to 30 years with the company.
- Developing villages and educating children as part of the corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- TQM (Total Quality Management) Orientation of people which helps in creating customer delight.
Let me hear from you on what you think about your current company. What are the motivating factors for you? I would encourage you to share your company name but if you do not wish to share, its ok with us.
It would be really nice if we can have the comments in the following structure:
Name of the current company: _____________ (if you wish to share)
Since how long you are been associated with your current organization: __________
Reasons for your association: _______________
I am eagerly waiting to hear from you.
Post your comments by signing up with Disqus or using any of your social media accounts. That ways your comments can be linked to popular social media sites.